Saturday, October 3, 2009

Finance WAC nite...

What do you call a nite when the worst and the best of all happens with you..?

Where one moment you are enjoying what you are doing and the very next moment you hate everything in sight...When you feel like being in heavens and the very next moment find yourself in hell!!!

Something like this captures my feelings about the Finance WAC which we finished yesterday.
The gang as usual included the usual suspects of Amrita,Saumya,Chai,Aseem n me with intermittent appearances by Sup's and the ever presence of Cathy and Joanne.

The fact that it was a Finance WAC was in itself a big turn off to begin with and on top of that the calculations which accompanied the WAC were though quite easy but really time consuming....
Amrita helped me out with the calculations and I was on my way...But this where the twist in this story comes.Thanks to 2 of my friends (Chai n Saumya) who had no inclination to write their own WAC's there was a delay or should I say stoppage in the process of WACing when these 2 came and joined us.Chai specially was at his best, getting food for everyone and making them eat and then giving running commentary as events unfolded on my facebook page...

As for the DE project me and Chai had, I think after yesterday that will also wind up since we gave away free popcorns to almost everyone.

Well this being the frustrating and at the same time the most enjoyable time during the WAC.
Now to the best part.We had started the WAC at 9 pm...(me and Amrita)...And as the WAC progressed I was also helping myself to the drinks being offered outside.

Well by the time it was striking 2 am I had already given up on my WAC.The fact that I was the one who gave the calculations to Saumya and Chai bears no significance here but that they were way ahead of me by the time we completed the calculations was testimony to the excelsheet skills or should I specify the lack of those skills.
I hate the fact that I am not as good as the others atleast with these softwares n all...How the hell am I gonna fight this in the real world only time will tell...

Ok back to the WAC.So at 2 am when I was so zoned out to do nothing but either drink or sleep, Joy and Tarun appear from nowhere and after the evaluation for the WAC was written by Chai ,Tarun formatted the whole thing and Joy got it printed out and passed it in to WAC hole.

Had it not being for them I am sure I would have stuck around for another 2 hrs doing nothing but just day dreaming at night....Irony...:)

Anyways thanks for the memories guys...This WAC has been as I said one of the best and worst that I can remember in this short stint in this MBA...

Luv this batch...Cohort 4 rocks...:)

No comments: