Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ice Age III- Dawn of the Dinosaurs


Saturday, 5th July'09

show time:- 3.45 pm...

I am not really good at being a critic for any movie review, neither have I ever done this before.
However after having watched the movie (my first in the Philippines) over the weekend I couldn't hold myself back from documenting my views on the same.

Well for the movie as a whole...Incredible...I thought Ice Age II was fantabulous but boy oh boy was I wrong...

"Scrat" the squirrel who for me was the star in the 2nd Ice Age movie was joined by his better half "Scratte" and the two were hilarious throughout the movie.

Sid is at his best looking for trouble and after seeing Manny & Ellie having a baby of their own, Sid goes and get's himself 3 dinosaur eggs and actually mothers the three dinosaur kids for precisely one day before mommy dinosaur comes looking for her kids.

What ensues after this is just about one character...a weasel named Buckminster, or Buck...He seems to be direct replica of Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy and really breathe a new life into the movie.

The 3-D graphics are amazing and contrary to many critics I think the movie is a must watch for any one who likes animated movies.

The rivalry between Buck & Rudy (a huge white Suchomimus) is another nice facet of the movie and the way Buck describes his tryst or battle with Rudy is really a gem part of the movie.

All in all the movie which runs for just over 1 and a 1/2 hrs is worth the money spent.

As for my me I am just bowled over by the song in the credit which goes something like this in chorus...

Open the door, Get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur...


My classmates are already fed up because I have been singing that non stop...

Cheers...

1 comment:

Supriya said...

Even I wanna see the movie :( And as per as the song goes I know the song is good but Dev not when you sing it :). Anyways Monday after the maha ECO paper how about Ice age, since we've been reading so much about global warming of late this movie makes a lot of sense.