Wednesday, July 22, 2009

9.5 hr struggle...

Date: 21st July'09
Venue: SGV case-room
Occasion: LOB final exam...

The mother of all final exams...
I can easily say that without any second thoughts...

The pain started at 8.30 am in the morning and finished at precisely 6.10 pm for me...Can you beat that...
I have never even stayed in office for so long...:)

It was one harrowing experience which I actually enjoyed...well most parts of it...

After a while I had sat down trying to solve something from scratch on my own and that felt good...However the lack of knowledge with ratios and the lack of financial insights were enough to put me off the entire thing within the starting few hrs.

In the end I finished off with 4 pages of excel sheet full of ratios, balance sheets, income statements and numbers and 8 pages of analysis and recommendation for which I myself will not give a dime to anyone...

It was an experience I'll never forget and also the people with whom I was subjected to this torture...

So to all who were present with me for the god forsaken exam....Cheers...

(Maxi,Bea,Mac,Veron,Aina,Preeti,Mary,Sups,Mukul,Manish,Saurabh,
Anton,James,Jimmy,Preetesh,Saumya,Vivek Golhar & yours truly)


ps:- the guys of our batch are a really sweethearts..actually everyone is...They got us Pizza for lunch from Yellow Cab...Actually there are the ones also to be blamed for my reduced efficiency since after lunch I was so full with pizza that I wanted to doze off on Mr. Porter Lumber Company Inc* ratios...

1 comment:

Supriya said...

Love the post :) good job dude. And yes 9 hours was a huge torture and I just wish and pray we never have to ever sit for such a traumatic exam ever in our lives again.

And it was a very sweet gesture from our class!