Sunday, July 12, 2009

Compromises...

Trade-off...That's a new word which has enriched my vocabulary in these past few months.

The concept of trade-off has become the integral part of my life here at AIM...Not that I still give overdue importance to the concept yet but looking around me, people are trading off sleep,recreation,fun & friends for the sake of surviving the rigors of the MBA.

I have heard from various people and on numerous occasions that the first 4 months of the term are the most taxing and after that it's bliss and feeling of living in paradise.

Well my point of argument is that life can't be that bad, that we can't find a few hours everyday to invest in ourselves, in building new relationships, in keeping old relationships intact and in general unwinding.

It's been so long since I had a nice conversation with anyone.The last time I remember it was with Divya at the Dadar barista where we spent 2 hrs just talking about life in general.And how can I forget the overwhelming bakaar sessions which I used to have at E-17, Chaitraban with my roomies (Saurabh,Namit n Annshul).

Yesterday I was talking about how friendships fade away and loses significance as time passes by.How different priorities of people change their mindset ,their tastes and their behavior.

I still wonder, when I was back in Mumbai, I used to pass back my engineering college at least twice a week and every time I came across it I used to wonder what has changed around it... n the answer was /is nothing except the people around it.

The xerox shop is still there, the best bus stop, jhunkabakar, the pan shop...Everything is still there as was when I was in college.The only variable that has changed are the people...

Compromises:- "Life's full of compromises" is a very popular saying...

My take is that "life is full of compromises only if you bow to life and are dictated by it...Just do what you feel like doing, when you feel like doing and how you feel like doing"...In the end of the day, at the end of the road you are answerable to only one person...YOURSELF...

No comments: