Sunday, July 12, 2009

Childhood Memories...

Just a short list of things I loved when I was a kid...

1.] The wonder years...

2.] Playing cricket all by myself in the bedroom bouncing the ball off the wall along with scoreboards and stuff...( Full 50 over matches at that)...

3.] Playing chess alone...(That's the reason I got better at the game although I still don't have the patience to play chess with someone who ponders on his/her every move)...Rapid chess rocks...

4.] Spending time on my terrace, looking at the high rises of Lokandwala every morning and evening...

5.] I loved cycling...Used to cycle during the summer vacation to the rock beaches in Versova...Bliss...

6.] Dekh Bhai Dekh...Another killer show I loved...

7.] I loved doing math when I was a kid...The reason being it was the only subject for which I was allowed to listen to music while studying.

8.] I was & am a very huge Asterix & Obelix fan.I used to take a new book from the library every week to read.Ditto with the Tintin collection.

9.] Boyzone was my favorite band while at school...

10.] I used to love walking on the streets of Lokandwala with my friends.There were so many occasions during the rainy season when I would trot off alone.

11.] Playing cricket in the colony every Sunday afternoon was a ritual which I followed till like last year.(I guess since most of my building folks are already married this recreation was bound to end).

12.] I used to love roaming around Christmas and Diwali in Lokandwala because the streets would be lighted up and decorated and there used be a buzz around the place.

13.] I regret the fact that I didn't start playing football serious when I was still at school.

14.] The highlight of my school life was when I became the house captain for my house.(It was completely unexpected since I was pitted against some very well known scholars but my little cousin sis did the publicity for me and asked the juniors to vote for me, and so I was the captain for the last yr of my school) :)...Thanks a lot Neha...

15.] I used to love watching Fun time from 12 pm to 1pm everyday during the summer vacations.

16.] I enjoyed watching Telematches on T.V and thought one day I would too compete in it...

17.] The small wonder...Viki Lawson et all...

18.] GI-Joe, tom & Jerry and He-man...Favorite animation series...

19.] I used to love watching "Lassie..." the series as well as "The Black Stallion".

20.] Loved reading the "Hardy Boys". Had a whole collection of it...

No comments: