Thursday, December 17, 2009

Serene Peace

For the first time in eight months since I landed in Manila, I went to the Power bookstores in Green Belt. Well not many know of my love for books and the fact that I love reading though I am not a voracious reader like many of my friends back home.

However back to the main topic. The Power bookstore brought back memories of Crosswords back in Mumbai and Pune.

The 2nd floor of the store had ample of place for people to sit and read as well as reference the books. Oh what a peaceful experience...
I have been craving for such peace and quiet where I could just spend a few hours going through books and enjoy the surroundings. Well now I know where to go...:)

However the books in this country are really expensive, though the collection at Power was quite impressive but looking at the prices of the books gave me an instant heart attack.

It's been such a long time since I actually went and splurged on books. I remember in Pune I used to pick up books every 20-25 days even if I had a backlog to read already.

Actually I already have a backlog of 5 books here in AIM since Harsh & Nash as well as Nishant n Shubho gave me books to read.

Well so in the next 20 days I plan to finish at least 3 of these books so that my backlog for the new year would be kept to a minimum...

1 comment:

Supriya said...

Way to go, books are the best company around this time :D. Was it because of the book I asked to buy that you went to Power Books?

Anyways I am glad you have found a quite place for yourself, this will help in your anger management efforts hee hee(kidding)