Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010...

The run up to the 31st of Dec 2009 was nothing but awesome. I spent the last 4 days of 2009 with awesome company at a beautiful beach. The venue been "Boracay"...Party capital of Philippines...

The place is beautiful and is filled with foreign tourist looking to have a good time. Now I know why most of my Filipino classmates don't like Boracay that mush.You'll find more foreigners there than localites.

Well coming back to my trip...Well the beach is beautiful but commercialized beyond scope. The sea water is clear blue and green mixture and the best part is you can go deep into the waters and still keep standing...It was the farthest I have been into sea water in my life.

The mornings were spent on the beach swimming,soaking up the sun and enjoying the views around and the evening were spent having a good time by the beach. The food was exquisite though expensive and the company I had was awesome.

The whole trip we just traveled a single length of road from our resort to the beach and back. Funny because I spend 5k for a to and fro trip and in the end managed to travel a patch of road to a beach.

Surprisingly this time the amount of alcohol intake was very less by my standards even though the alcohol prices were very reasonable considering the new year period.

The place itself was oozing with party atmosphere and where ever you looked people were genuinely happy...

Funny enough it was my first new years away from Mumbai and family and friends.I guess life has come a full circle with this year. It was the first time in 9 years that I celebrated a new year without even one of my D.J batch mates. Well I guess all good things in life come to and end sometime or the other.

The year 2009 has been a mixed bag with first having to deal with leaving Infosys, the football team and then Pune one by one.

Then came the best part of the year when I finally embarked on my long cherished dream of doing a MBA that too in a foreign country...

The time spent here in AIM has been one of the best in my life and will be forever a cherished memory.

My break up was ugly and I felt sorry for the whole thing to date but now I have realized people have their own ways of handling life and one can't be stuck up with the past or the future. I guess in 2010 I should leave behind all the bitter memories and just live life the way I know "care free" and be my own man.

The last 2 months of the year have been special and awesome thanks to my friends and Meg...
The trip to Baguio and then Boracay have been special to say the least and as the new semester approaches I look forward to giving my best in everything...

I guess the way to look is forward and not backwards...

So let 2010 be the year where what ever I do I'll do without either regret or guilt...

May this year bring all the happiness and success for one and all...

No comments: