Thursday, January 14, 2010

Term 3 @ AIM

As I reach the end of my first week of term 3 at AIM, I am compelled to glance at my time table for this term and shudder at the amount of free time I have been afforded by the curriculum.

After 8 months of hyper activity and packed daily schedule it seems an antithesis coming into term 3. On top of that it is such a far cry and a departure from the norm to be attending classes where there are only 12-13 students for a course.A month back we were a group of 45 strong...

Before I joined AIM, I was aware about the dichotomy of the first and the second year.My friends from engineering who were lucky or smart enough to get through to a B-School straight after engineering told me about their vellapan (absolute laziness and time wasting) in their second years in a B-School.

Well now that I am there in the same position and experiencing the same I can finally relate to what they meant.

Are my parents spending so much money so that I can blog in the middle of the day on a weekday instead of studying and attending classes...Well going by the look of things it seems so...

The school has seem to have lost it's buzz now a days...There seems to be a lack of activity around and even we guys are slacking a bit in our endeavor to liven up the atmosphere...

I guess now that most of my friends are back from India after a well deserved breather, we guys can go back to our old ways of enjoying by the poolside or at the beer garden chatting and drinking by the night to glory...

Also as much as term 3 affords so much spare time for me, it is also one of the more important semesters in terms of learning and honing up my skill sets...Also since the class size has shrunk to such a small number ranging from 11 to 32 in a class, I guess it's time I put my best foot forward academically too...

Here's to another eventful and memorable term at AIM...Hope it turns out to be the best of the lot...


Cheers...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

from experience, term 3 and 4 afford you much more time to experience manila and the philippines. term 3 is more on extra reading (if your in finance) and last month frantic rush towards deadlines,presentations and yes, reflection papers (if you are in marketin). term 4 is more on solidifying the friendships you have made before that inevitable goodbyes at the end of B-school. all the best Dev and don't forget to enjoy each day of Bschool :)