Tuesday, December 15, 2009

End of an Era...

Well no one loves good byes least of all me. However all my life I have been one of the last ones to say goodbye to everything be it while leaving school, engineering college or my organization.

Seeing off people has become like a second occupation for me...It was never easy when I went off to see most of my friends from engineering to the airport every other nite. However saying goodbye to friends whom I met not even 8 months ago has been a difficult experience here at AIM...

They have been my family for the past 8 months and we have practically shared all our happiness and sorrows with each other...Every other night has been made memorable thanks to the late night drinking sessions or just the b.S sessions which we would indulge in whenever not drinking.

The last 8 months are fresh in my mind and each day has been a special one.

For the last few days cohort 3 guys have been consoling me and telling me that there will be another set of friends which will make the remaining journey more exciting that what has been till date. I don't repudiate that...However there is an uneasiness at the back of my mind about how the next 8 months will span out...

I know I am surrounded by wonderful people around me and the next 8 months will be a beautiful experience in the MBA institute but my mind and more importantly heart is not willing to accept the inevitable.

The realization will dawn during the next pool party whenever it is, since the usual faces will be missing and new faces will surface to take up the mantle and the onus of carrying the torch will fall on the new batch of students from cohort 5.

Well cohort 3 as I have said before, it has been a absolute pleasure...You have been the best kind of seniors any incoming batch would have prayed for.

To my set of friends, the life and times that we have shared with each other will be remembered for a long time. The secrets we shared, the BS by the poolside, the insightful CP and the drunken revelry will all be cherished...

As I look into the future, I know I'll not find friends like the ones who have left but I am still excited by the next 8 months of my AIM life and beyond.

As KK and Shubho told me not so long back..."Tera MBA toh aab shuru hoga...Term 3, AC period and term 4...Aish karega tu abhi"...

Well cheers to each member of the legendary cohort 3...Wish you guys all the very best...And once again it has been an absolute pleasure...

2 comments:

Chandra said...

Wow :) Damn! Am I feeling jealous here or what! :)

Supriya said...

Dude, I know no words can change what you are feeling but the only thing I can say is 'Mommy I am still around :D'