Saturday, May 30, 2009

Karaoke @ Red Box (Videoke)

29th May'09...

After may be like 11 years,I think I must have sang in front of a crowd (if you can call an audience of 7 that). After having seen the Filipinos have a karaoke night every Friday, I and my friends thought about experiencing the pleasure of the same ourselves.After having criticized and ostracized the people who sang by the pool side on Friday evening's it was time to evaluate our own performance in front of the mike.

The evening actually started with a short trip to McDonald's for our daily filling of burgers and fries after which the gang headed to Grappa's (in Greenbelt 3).

After quite a few rounds of beer (Weiz) which was really good and a welcome relief from the San Migel which I have been consuming relentlessly for the past 2 weeks it was time for us to head to Red Box which was only a few restaurants away from where we actually were.

Hence after having consumed enough alcohol which helped us shed our inhibitions of singing, we i.e Harsh,Nash,Aseem,Kuru,Mac,Anna & Emile headed in to Cubicle no 32 of red box videoke.It was my first experience of a karaoke and one of the best one's of my short life yet.

After the initial trouble of understanding the video system and the mike and equipments placed in the cubicle our dj's/vj's for the night (Nash & Aseem) churned out some wonderful tracks to which the entire group sang their heart and lungs out...Ok I was the only one singing my lungs out...:)

The night was fun and I didn't even need a mike to compete with Nash and Aseem who had the control of the mike for most of our 4 hour singing session.

Mac was the truly outstanding performer of the night along with Nash and both of them set the place on fire.

Those 4 hours inside cube 32 really felt liberating as every one just let go of themselves and enjoyed the music and the fun assciated with it.

As for me after having last sung during the annual days in school with the choir group it was my first time since and I had fun, though not at singing but shouting my lungs out and jumping around with joy.

No comments: