Thursday, May 28, 2009

Manchester United vs Barcelona...UEFA Champions League Final 09...

What a match up!!! The two giants of world football meet up in a few hours from now, to fight for the greatest glory in club football all over Europe.
The way these two great teams have played this season, their match up tonight at Rome, hopefully will be one of the best in the history of the CL in the same lines as the famous Man Utd vs Bayern Munich epic battle at Nou camp in 1999 or the match up between AC Milan & Liverpool in 2005 which Liverpool won on penalties.

Hopefully tonight's match up surpasses all these matches and the rest of the final's in the long history of UEFA champions League and sets a new standard in terms of entertainment, drama and quality of both attaching and defensive football.

However, after having watched most of the UEFA CL finals since 1999 with either my friends, colleagues or dad, tonight's match seems to be first for me which I'll be watching alone at my college's dorm at 3 in the night.
The reason being nobody here @ AIM seems to follow football that much and the game of soccer is unheard of in these parts of the world (read Philippines).

I really don't care if Manchester Unitted scrap through to a win in this one or blast their opponents off the pitch today; the bottom line should be that they win their 4th Champions League crown at Rome and complete the quadruple for the season; another first for SAF.

I just hope that all this sacrifice of my sleeping and study time at a juncture in my life when both seem to be at a high premium pays off at the End of the game...

Exactly an hour to go for the game and I am feeling the butterflies in my stomach already...

Best of luck Manchester United.Please beat the crap out of Barcelona...

Cheers...

No comments: