Friday, May 15, 2009

Week 1of (pre-MBA) @ AIM...Barely survived...

Week 1 started on 11th May'09, with my first blush with a subject known as "Language of Business" or LOB for short.As I have progressed along the week, it seems more and more certain that my survival in this fiercest of college (AIM) in terms of happiness and peace of mind depends on my grasp and comfort level in this subject.
Our Professor (Hilario Tan), one of the best I have encountered till date in my short and sweet educational career has sent the shiver wave across the batch about the perils of not understanding LOB.

Next comes Economics in our pre-MBA course of 2 weeks.Our prof in economics Mr. Federico M. Macaranas is one of the most remarkable man I have met in my life yet.His insight and understanding of economics is par excellence and his way of teaching has really changed my outlook towards economics completely.The way he provides real life examples for different concepts in economics is quite remarkable.I just wonder what would have happened if my professors back home in India, were half as good as the ones here in AIM.

The 3rd and the last subject to be undertaken in the pre-MBA course is the QA, one of the few subjects I have had a prior idea about before I joined up this course.Our professor for this subject is also our program director going by the name Wilfred S. Jr. Manuela, PhD.A relative young man and one of the most friendliest professors of this college.

Well this entire week has gone within a blink of a eyesight.The daily time table has started with lectures early in the morning at 8 am till afternoon 3.30 - 4 pm. A short nap of 45-50 mins followed by self study and reading for the next day.The night ends around 4 a.m in the morning,after having spend the entire night figuring out why I have invested close to 15 lakhs for all this hardship and tension.The only saving grace in my opinion is that once and if I survive these grueling 16 months in AIM, I am sure to come out of here, a better man in every respect of the way.

Well I am off for the Friday festivities. A beer pub has been organized for us, Student of MBA cohort 4.The first official get together of our group.

Cheers...

P.S:- Have to crack LOB over the weekend + I believe the Ambani's should not pay any player in the MI team for this year's IPL. How can you loose the plot when one needs 5 runs off 7 balls with 4 wickets in hand and ends up being all out with a ball to spare losing by 3 runs.(APPALLING)

No comments: