Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Understanding Consumer Behaviour

Well that's one of the electives I have enrolled for in the 3rd semester. The subject sounds very interesting at first glance but as I dwell more into it, I can just find jargon galore and nothing else...

So don't be alarmed if you see me using words like semiotics, anthroposmiotic, triadic etc. in my future blogs...

Well my understanding of Consumer behaviour from the point of a marketing executive is "To Create Desire" in the hearts and minds of the consumer...
How you got about doing that is where Understanding the present/past consumer behaviour and marketing research comes in to the picture.

My biggest take away yet from this class has been how to segment a brand or a product based on the three important criteria's of Categorization, Prioritization & Placement with the aid of a tag line & a positioning statement for the consumer.

At the end of the day the best one can do is to place himself/herself in the shoes of the consumer and then drive home the point...Worse comes to worse...You will be wrong in your hypothesis...Well one anyways learn's from one's mistake.


No comments: