Thursday, April 15, 2010

First Week Back in Mumbai...

It feels so good to be back home…Back to my roots, back to my friends and family.
The last one week has gone in a blur. Everyday there is something or the other happening. So if one day I was busy getting my license at R.T.O, the same evening I found myself sitting at Sambit’s terrace having Chivas Regal. In between I have managed to play cricket & carom with my engineering friends too. The first venue was Sanket’s place where we tried our hand at both cricket and carom and then on the weekend it was Matka’s place.
It was fun catching the Man Utd and Chelsea match at a sports bar… (More details on the same in my previous blog entry)
In between all this I have also managed 3 trips in a span of 7 days to the now rechristened “Zeus Fanoos” to have hukka with friends. Reliving old times. Well it seems nothing has really changed here in Mumbai, but at the same time my life has changed a lot since I left the shores 11 months back.
The last week has also been good in terms of catching up with people who are back from the States for a while. I met up with Ruchi, Aditi and Aarti in the past 2 days too.
Well the only thing which I hadn’t been able to do yet in my first week was play squash at the club. I did manage a practise session with my coach but until yesterday I hadn’t played a game of squash for exactly 11 months now. Well my this wish was also fulfilled yesterday when I had the chance to lock horns with Mandar at the club yesterday. Though I was comprehensively beaten it was fun to be back at the court. We celebrated the game by having a couple of beers afterwards. Even Manpreet had come for a game after a long time. So it was kind of a reunion of sorts.
The first week of my short Mumbai trip has gone better than expected and as I enter my second week here; my internship at HUL is just about picking up steam. I guess from tomorrow all my time and effort will go into doing the project at HUL well in order to get a PPO. Anyways I am sure I’ll survive since the after work scenario now is much better and I have friends to catch up with every evening and play squash which is a welcome relief…

No comments: