Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Squash...A new favourite !!

It's been 3 months now,since I left Infosys and Pune. It's also the same time period for which I haven't touched a football.Going by my time in Infosys where we used to play every alternate day and at least on every weekend, the present scenario seems to be unthinkable.

However to keep myself busy and more importantly fit, I have taken squash in a big way since coming back to Mumbai. Not that I didn't play squash in Infosys, but then I used just play the game not knowing anything about technique, strategy or game sense.I just played the game hitting the ball well and trying to return everything which came my way.

However,from the time I have started training with my marker(coach is known as marker)since the start of February, I have found a new zeal as well as enthusiasm for the game.Not that I was bad at the game, but I could never give a good account of myself due to the inconsistencies and the wrong technique I had inherited in my time playing the sport at Infosys.

Back to the present & now I am more confident about my own game,more aware about my opponent's skills and my position around the court.Though I need to learn a lot more to become a really good player,still I am happy with the progress I have made in the last few months and the way I have taken a liking for the game.

Finally,I have a sport which I can look forward to play for the rest of my adult life,given that continuing to play football regularly is going to be very difficult task.

No comments: